This week’s Smashwords coupon is for “In Robert’s Memory”:
It happens to us all – one day we discover we’re not as perfect as we thought we were, and we have to learn to function with that fact. An interplanetary tourist ship runs into its own version of an iceberg and, compromised as it is, it’s still up to R0B3rt to ensure its passengers’ survival. Careful – you spend enough time around people and they’re bound to rub off on you.
The pun of a title may have been the germ of the story – but I’m not sure. This is a story about a ship’s computer whose memory becomes contaminated by human inhabitants. In a way, he loses himself while trying to save them, but grows into something more. Has this happened to me? Not hardly, although I have been thrust into situations I didn’t want to be in, with people I didn’t want to deal with, and grown from the experience (no, I’m not going to name names.)
Use coupon code UT87G to get 67% off the cover price at Smashwords (that’s only 99-cents – such a deal!) – it’s good until April 16th. Here’s the link:
“In Robert’s Memory” is also available in my third collection, surprisingly titled (if you haven’t been paying attention): Even More Things I Could Get OUT OF MY MIND.
Be sure to bury your charges deep.
An old farmer, scraping by after the Sahrian invasion, buries his most precious treasures to hide them from the aliens’ “salvation”.
That’s right – the preorder campaign for “Burial Details” is now over, and it’s LIVE at the usual places, including (but not limited to):
I’ve finished my Kindle Select experiment with my 6th “Out Of My Mind” collection (And Yet Still Even More Things I Could Get OUT OF MY MIND); it’s now available at all the usual places instead of just on Amazon (sorry, you Amazon subscribers – you can no longer read it for free…)
The collection contains the stories “The Red Barrens”, Dempsey’s Debut”, “Look Both Ways”, “The Final Ending?”, “Close Enough”, and “The Wolves Will Come”, which are now also available individually – EVERYWHERE.
William Mangieri’s writing, including his latest ePub “Burial Details”, can be found in many places, including:
- His Amazon Author page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B008O8CBDY
- Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/william-mangieri?store=book&keyword=william+mangieri
- Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/NoTimeToThink
- Createspace (if you prefer physical books): https://www.createspace.com/pub/simplesitesearch.search.do?sitesearch_query=william+mangieri&sitesearch_type=STORE
To CONNECT WITH HIM (and LIKE and FOLLOW), go to
- His site on WordPress:https://williammangieri.wordpress.com
- “William Mangieri’s Writing Page” on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/NoTimeToThink
- His Goodreads author page:http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6893616.William_Mangieri
- Or on twitter: @WilliaMangieri