Hillary Clinton lies to Congress, lies to the American people, repeatedly mishandles National Security, violates the law in the handling and deletion of her emails, and is portrayed as the most qualified person to ever run for President. Donald Trump jokes about asking the Russians for the 30,000 ALLEGEDLY personal emails that Hillary deleted, and he is accused of TREASON. What else should we have expected from a party and media who managed to distort the public perception of Mitt Romney into one of the cruelest and immoral men in America? Certainly not honesty…
The Khans were invited to speak at the Democratic Convention for one reason – to attack Donald Trump. Here you had an immigrant family (check) who happen to be Muslim (check) with a military hero son (check.) I’m sure this seemed like a compelling refutation of Mr. Trump’s Muslim immigration ban. They could have chosen NOT to say anything about Trump and still made their point with subtlety. But instead they chose to attack him directly, and so of course, he replied (he is who he is, after all.)
- Being a Gold Star Parent entitles you to gratitude, respect, and understanding. This does not mean you can say anything you want without reaction or repercussions. You reap what you sow.
- A temporary ban on immigration from terrorist laden countries (which is what Trump’s policy has been for some time) until EXTREME vetting can occur would NOT have kept the Kahn’s out permanently.
- Waving a copy of The Constitution makes a wonderful visual and sound-bite, but IT IS NOT UNCONSTITUTIONAL to use a religious test when vetting potential immigrants – it is already part of the process.
- The United States has NO OBLIGATION to allow ANYONE to cross its borders just because they want to.
- The existence of one or more heroic and patriotic Muslims does not mean that the jihadist types don’t exist. It is the duty of the government to find a way to detect them and protect its citizens against them.
Sadly, all these facts seem to be meaningless. All that matters is the continuance of the “Trump is a mean man” narrative. So junior high.
The Liberal media continues driving the narrative – Trump understands that the best defense is a good offense and is good at stopping them himself, but it’s hard to do when the Republicans are falling in lockstep with their role on defense.
The choice of battlefield often determines the victor. Why do they persist in allowing the enemy to choose theirs? My advice: counter their narrative with your own.
This week’s Smashword’s coupon is for “Cat and Mouse”:
Major Tom has plans for his leave time; this cat is finally going to get some much needed R&R with his mates. But recent additions to the household (including his Admiral father-in-law and an uppity mouse chef), as well as an unexpected visit from yet another enemy puts his whiskers in a twist.
“Cat and Mouse” is the third story in my Herc Tom, Champion of the Empire series.
Use coupon code SU47H to get 67% off the cover price at Smashwords (that’s only 99-cents – such a deal!) – it’s good until August 13th. Here’s the link:
I felt it was time to get away from a feline only milieu and add in a couple more evolved races – the subservient mice and their evil Rotter cousins. As in all generalizations, not everyone in a group fits neatly into their stereotypes. And thus Bertrand, the self-assured member of the underclass without which the upper-class could not exist, but who doesn’t quite kowtow to them as much as they think they deserve. I expect to see a lot more out of him in the stories to come. “Cat and Mouse” is also available in the collection – Cats of War I.
Still no change of plans – “The Scent of the Crime” is still in queue for an August 26th release…
William Mangieri’s writing, including his latest publication “Obsolete”, can be found in many places, including:
• Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/NoTimeToThink
• His Amazon Author page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B008O8CBDY
• Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/william-mangieri?store=book&keyword=william+mangieri
• Createspace (if you prefer physical books): https://www.createspace.com/pub/simplesitesearch.search.do?sitesearch_query=william+mangieri&sitesearch_type=STORE
To CONNECT WITH HIM (and LIKE and FOLLOW), go to
• His site on WordPress: https://williammangieri.wordpress.com
• “William Mangieri’s Writing Page” on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/NoTimeToThink
• His Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6893616.William_Mangieri
• Or on twitter: @WilliaMangieri