This week’s Smashwords coupon is for “Behind the 8-Ball”:
The clock is running down as humanity struggles to find a new home; they’ve opened a gate into the unknown, but need evidence that their new world is on the other side before they go through. Moses can provide that proof, but how could anyone besides his wife believe him? Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith.
“Behind the 8-Ball” came from an image in my mind of a body being carried by group of suited astronauts on a moonscape, within sight of a green/blue planet. Then I worked backwards – I had to figure out why he was there, and decided he was an “explorer” sent through a wormhole to find a new world. But how would he send the all-clear back to humanity? I used my very rudimentary understanding of entanglement to create an unusual and unlikely method.
Use coupon code BK59K to get 50% off the cover price at Smashwords (that’s only ONE DOLLAR – such a deal!) – it’s good until September 3rd. Here’s the link:
“Behind the 8-Ball” is also available in the collection – More, And Yet Still Even More Things I Could Get OUT OF MY MIND.
This is release weekend for “The Scent of the Crime” (Detective Jimmy Delaney story #4):
Detective Jimmy Delaney finds himself involved in yet another murder. He knows something smells in Barnstow, but can he use that to find the killer?
“The Scent of the Crime” is a short, private detective fiction set in the near future, with a slight sci-fi element fiction. And a little humor (Jimmy likes to think of himself as Sam Spade, but has more in common with Jim Rockford.) This one started just because I wanted to play with some advanced scent memory, I liked the title pun, and then the story took over. Hope you enjoy it!
“The Scent of the Crime is available at all the usual places, including (but not limited to):
William Mangieri’s writing, including his latest publication “Obsolete”, can be found in many places, including:
• Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/NoTimeToThink
• His Amazon Author page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B008O8CBDY
• Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/william-mangieri?store=book&keyword=william+mangieri
• Createspace (if you prefer physical books): https://www.createspace.com/pub/simplesitesearch.search.do?sitesearch_query=william+mangieri&sitesearch_type=STORE
To CONNECT WITH HIM (and LIKE and FOLLOW), go to
• His site on WordPress: https://williammangieri.wordpress.com
• “William Mangieri’s Writing Page” on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/NoTimeToThink
• His Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6893616.William_Mangieri
• Or on twitter: @WilliaMangieri