(I mean my trip to the RED PLANET…)
We seem to be near unlocking the power of free markets and commercial enterprise to FINALLY slip the surly bonds of Earth (without a ticket to the afterlife.) It’s obvious from the stagnation of government sponsored, centrally planned space exploration that we may never get more than scientifically interesting glimpses of what’s out there until someone finds a way to make money off it.
Here’s a link to an MIT Tech Review article about how Lunar Express is the first commercial firm to gain permission for a lunar mission (I wonder how they got the Moon People – Moonies? – to agree.) The article has lots of links to other articles (upcoming asteroid mining, Luxemburg’s ambitions, etc.) It’s almost 44 years since men last kicked up some lunar dust – entirely too long. My dream has been Mars for decades, but I wouldn’t turn my nose up at a trip to the Moon.
EVENTUALLY, they’ll figure out how to make space tourism affordable for people who aren’t already billionaires (as long as they’re willing to mortgage their 401k’s.) Until then, wish me luck on my Mars Trip Lottery Tickets. Just saying…
This week’s Smashwords coupon is for “Behind the 8-Ball”:
The clock is running down as humanity struggles to find a new home; they’ve opened a gate into the unknown, but need evidence that their new world is on the other side before they go through. Moses can provide that proof, but how could anyone besides his wife believe him? Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith.
I used a very rudimentary understanding of entanglement to create an unusual and unlikely communication method. Use coupon code BK59K to get 50% off the cover price at Smashwords (that’s only ONE DOLLAR – such a deal!) – it’s good until September 3rd. Here’s the link:
“Behind the 8-Ball” is also available in the collection – More, And Yet Still Even More Things I Could Get OUT OF MY MIND.
Next up for publication is Detective Jimmy Delaney #5: “Killing Them Softy.” Release date will be September 23rd, so the preorder campaign is in the works.
William Mangieri’s writing, including his latest publication “The Scent of the Crime” (Detective Jimmy Delaney #4), can be found in many places, including:
• Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/NoTimeToThink
• His Amazon Author page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B008O8CBDY
• Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/william-mangieri?store=book&keyword=william+mangieri
• Createspace (if you prefer physical books): https://www.createspace.com/pub/simplesitesearch.search.do?sitesearch_query=william+mangieri&sitesearch_type=STORE
To CONNECT WITH HIM (and LIKE and FOLLOW), go to
• His site on WordPress: https://williammangieri.wordpress.com
• “William Mangieri’s Writing Page” on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/NoTimeToThink
• His Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6893616.William_Mangieri
• Or on twitter: @WilliaMangieri