You know, it wasn’t too long ago that I was saying – practically bragging – that I have exceptionally good luck. I was also proclaiming how my writing goals were coming along, and that it looked like this was going to be a very accomplished year. And I was looking forward to finally moving forward on the home remodeling that’s been stalled for a couple of years.
What’s that they say about jinxing yourself?
I haven’t written anything (other than blog posts) for 3 or more weeks. I haven’t even done my read-through of Swordsmaster so I can start the next draft (and I told myself I would finish it this year, so that’s not a good sign.) This has been due to a number of calamities – flat tires and other car repairs, family health issues, a slab leak that has half our house down to the bare concrete, a hawk depositing scraps of dead bunnies by our door, the appearance of a sinisterly cute kitten that weedled its way through our front door with its flock of fleas (I know flock isn’t right, but it sounds right, so I’m using it.)
It’s not quite the story of Job (unless, of course, Satan and God are engaging in some spirited betting, which I still don’t find likely; I’m not that interesting.)
I’m not one to look for scapegoats for my failings; my personality dictates instead that my lack of productivity is my own fault – not someone else’s. Anything to the contrary is just making excuses.
Sometimes, though, when the coincidences pile up, you DO have to wonder whether there’s a hand behind it.
This week’s Smashwords coupon is for “Ultimate Awareness”:
Omnius has relied on his Ultimate Awareness to dominate the city as well as any supervillain could, but an interview with a prospective sidekick casts doubt on both his own limits and his career path. How much does he really know?
I was wondering how Super Villains acquired their henchmen, and imagined the interview process with someone who didn’t seem to quite fit the villain mold. “Ultimate Awareness.”
Use coupon code ZU77U to get 67% off the cover price at Smashwords (that’s only 99-cents – such a deal!) – it’s good until September 10th. Here’s the link:
Next up for publication is Detective Jimmy Delaney #5: “Killing Them Softy.” Release date will be September 23rd, so the preorder campaign is in the works.
William Mangieri’s writing, including his latest publication “The Scent of the Crime” (Detective Jimmy Delaney #4), can be found in many places, including:
• Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/NoTimeToThink
• His Amazon Author page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B008O8CBDY
• Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/william-mangieri?store=book&keyword=william+mangieri
• Createspace (if you prefer physical books): https://www.createspace.com/pub/simplesitesearch.search.do?sitesearch_query=william+mangieri&sitesearch_type=STORE
To CONNECT WITH HIM (and LIKE and FOLLOW), go to
• His site on WordPress: https://williammangieri.wordpress.com
• “William Mangieri’s Writing Page” on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/NoTimeToThink
• His Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6893616.William_Mangieri
• Or on twitter: @WilliaMangieri