I’m in the middle of turmoil at home as I’ve whined recently (well, really more like a low groan; I do have my pride.) I’ve reached one of those points again in my writing “career” (yes, I still feel like I need to use air quotes) where I’ve fallen off the writing horse, and am already despairing of whether or not I’ll be able to climb back on.
What’s a writer to do? Things happen – more appropriately LIFE happens – and unless you just plan to stop living (no, I don’t want to join the zombie movement), you have to deal with whatever it is and get on with writing. Unless you’re one of those people who looks for excuses around every corner, in which case LIFE will provide them in plenty.
I’ll admit that I already feel like this year will be a failure (it’s my nature to only see the negatives), but If this year were to end now, I’ll have still completed 9 stories (better than any year prior to 2012.) And the year isn’t over yet – I should remind myself that I’ve fallen off this horse plenty of times before, and I’ve managed to get back up and “wride” again.
What’s a writer to do? Write, of course!
This week’s Smashwords coupon is for “Ultimate Awareness”:
Omnius has relied on his Ultimate Awareness to dominate the city as well as any supervillain could, but an interview with a prospective sidekick casts doubt on both his own limits and his career path. How much does he really know?
I was wondering how Super Villains acquired their henchmen, and imagined the interview process with someone who didn’t seem to quite fit the villain mold. “Ultimate Awareness.”
Use coupon code ZU77U to get 67% off the cover price at Smashwords (that’s only 99-cents – such a deal!) – it’s good until September 10th. Here’s the link:
Next up for publication is Detective Jimmy Delaney #5: “Killing Them Softy.” Release date will be September 23rd – working on formatting now.
William Mangieri’s writing, including his latest publication “The Scent of the Crime” (Detective Jimmy Delaney #4), can be found in many places, including:
• Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/NoTimeToThink
• His Amazon Author page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B008O8CBDY
• Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/william-mangieri?store=book&keyword=william+mangieri
• Createspace (if you prefer physical books): https://www.createspace.com/pub/simplesitesearch.search.do?sitesearch_query=william+mangieri&sitesearch_type=STORE
To CONNECT WITH HIM (and LIKE and FOLLOW), go to
• His site on WordPress: https://williammangieri.wordpress.com
• “William Mangieri’s Writing Page” on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/NoTimeToThink
• His Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6893616.William_Mangieri
• Or on twitter: @WilliaMangieri