Do you need a routine?
Yes, I know this seems contradictory after my Meandering Monday about Solid Ground (sometimes, when I try to give advice, I’m talking as much to myself as I am to you.) But despite my own need for routine, I have managed to adjust as needed. I’m going through a drought (caused by a flood?) in that department right now, but I know I’ll eventually work back into some semblance of a writing schedule.
Are there things that you feel you just HAVE TO HAVE before you can write a word? Or a ritual you MUST perform first? Decide which things are essential. And when they aren’t there, can you improvise? Will you be stopped from writing because you don’t have a red pen? Find ways around what’s missing. Push on through!
This week’s Smashwords coupon is for “The Pipes”:
An unexpected extraterrestrial visitation has an adverse effect on a Texas farmer’s well. Sometimes it’s the little things.
The start of this story came unbidden into my mind as a monologue about bagpipes, and then the story moved into other pipes from there. Use coupon code MK88W to get 67% off the cover price at Smashwords (that’s only 99-cents – such a deal!) – it’s good until September 17th. Here’s the link:
Next up for publication is Detective Jimmy Delaney #5: “Killing Them Softy.” Release date will be September 23rd; I’m working on the cover now, and the preorder campaign (as short as it will be) will begin shortly.
William Mangieri’s writing, including his latest publication “Obsolete”, can be found in many places, including:
• Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/NoTimeToThink
• His Amazon Author page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B008O8CBDY
• Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/william-mangieri?store=book&keyword=william+mangieri
• Createspace (if you prefer physical books): https://www.createspace.com/pub/simplesitesearch.search.do?sitesearch_query=william+mangieri&sitesearch_type=STORE
To CONNECT WITH HIM (and LIKE and FOLLOW), go to
• His site on WordPress: https://williammangieri.wordpress.com
• “William Mangieri’s Writing Page” on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/NoTimeToThink
• His Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6893616.William_Mangieri
• Or on twitter: @WilliaMangieri