I’m annoyed with myself. It was JUST a slab leak – it damaged some floors and is costing us some money to fix everything. It’s not as though we were in the floods in Baton Rouge and lost all our possessions. This is temporary, and we will recover from it.
And yet – my head is swimming. Everything has been turned upside down while we wait for the repairs to commence and complete and our lives to return to NORMAL. Whatever that was.
It’s funny how when you’re in the middle of something, it’s hard to see the end of it. It feels like things will always be the way they are right now – until they’re not.
You would think I could get something productive out of this – writing advice guidance is to always start your story in the middle of things – IN MEDIAS RES. Well, I’m definitely there, but it is not inspiring me to my best work – or any work at all.
So – everything’s at a standstill, and judging by the way it’s been going, it will be for another couple of weeks, and I don’t expect my writing to resume until all the turmoil is over. Do I need to beat myself up about my apparent inability to carry on, or should I just accept that IT IS WHAT IT IS?
This week’s Smashwords coupon is for “Burial Details”:
Be sure to bury your charges deep.
An old farmer scraping by after the Sahrian invasion buries his most precious treasures to hide them from the aliens’ “salvation”.
A tired voice in my head that said “They’re all buried now”; and then I HAD to find out what it was about. If you want to know, use coupon code PS23Q to get 67% off the cover price at Smashwords (that’s only 99-cents – such a deal!) – it’s good until September 24th. Here’s the link:
Up next for publication – the Detective Jimmy Delaney story “Killing Them Softly”:
In a strange series of coincidences, young women start dying in Barnstow. Detective Jimmy Delaney doesn’t believe in coincidences – and he’s doubly suspicious when his irresistible nemesis Diana hires him to solve the murders. But can he stop the killer before they strike again?
“Killing Them Softly” is a detective story with sci-fi elements, and the fifth in the Detective Jimmy Delaney series. The release date is September 23rd, but you can preorder for FOUR MORE DAYS at a REDUCED PROMOTIONAL PRICE at all the usual places, including (but not limited to):
William Mangieri’s writing, including his latest publication “Obsolete”, can be found in many places, including:
• Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/NoTimeToThink
• His Amazon Author page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B008O8CBDY
• Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/william-mangieri?store=book&keyword=william+mangieri
• Createspace (if you prefer physical books): https://www.createspace.com/pub/simplesitesearch.search.do?sitesearch_query=william+mangieri&sitesearch_type=STORE
To CONNECT WITH HIM (and LIKE and FOLLOW), go to
• His site on WordPress: https://williammangieri.wordpress.com
• “William Mangieri’s Writing Page” on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/NoTimeToThink
• His Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6893616.William_Mangieri
• Or on twitter: @WilliaMangieri