This seems to be my year for falling off that horse. I was wriding along at a pretty good clip and then stalled (what I thought was BRIEFLY), but then soon afterwards we were hit by the slab leak.
Life…happens. And it looks like it will continue for at least another couple of weeks. But I don’t want to keep letting life GET IN THE WAY. So, how do I get back on the wriding horse once again?
Perhaps with a little self-imposed exercise.
I accidentally created some busy-work for myself during all the turmoil with my flooded house: part of my routine is to periodically back-up my writing. Well, this time around I managed to reverse the process (I copied my back-up over my newest writing, so instead of backing it up, my writing backed up.) Fortunately, the only impacted story was “Hard Times” (Detective Jimmy Delaney #6), and I lost my final revision – I’ll be publishing it next month, so my first work will be to re-revise (that means putting a fresh eye on it and hoping I remember the problems I noticed before – because the notes for that were ALSO reversed.)
And once that’s done, I’ll (hopefully) be warmed up to resume work on revising the rough draft of Swordsmaster.
This week’s Smashwords coupon is for Things I Could Get OUT OF MY MIND. This was my first short story collection, and contains the following:
“Passed Life” (Sometimes it’s better to leave the past alone… )
“B.I.T.” (What are we willing to give up to be cured?)
“Through Her Eyes” (They say that we’re blinded by love, but sometimes it’s the only thing that can light the darkness.)
“Business is Business” (An honest craftsman enters into a business relationship with a voluptuous gold-digger.)
“A Dish Best Served” (If you can’t say something nice…)
“Quiet!” (It’s been 40 years since men last visited the moon. Since then it feels like we’ve abandoned manned space exploration. What if that’s not all we abandoned?)
Use coupon code KY65W to get 80% off the cover price at Smashwords (that’s only a dollar – such a deal!) – it’s good until October 1st. Here’s the link:
My next release will be “Hard Times”; as mentioned above, I will need to re-revise following my REVERSE BACKUP, so there’s going to be lots of work before it’s ready. Release date is October 21st.
William Mangieri’s writing, including his latest publication “Killing Them Softly”, can be found in many places, including:
• Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/NoTimeToThink
• His Amazon Author page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B008O8CBDY
• Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/william-mangieri?store=book&keyword=william+mangieri
• Createspace (if you prefer physical books): https://www.createspace.com/pub/simplesitesearch.search.do?sitesearch_query=william+mangieri&sitesearch_type=STORE
To CONNECT WITH HIM (and LIKE and FOLLOW), go to
• His site on WordPress: https://williammangieri.wordpress.com
• “William Mangieri’s Writing Page” on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/NoTimeToThink
• His Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6893616.William_Mangieri
• Or on twitter: @WilliaMangieri