An announcement: It was almost 4 years ago when I first started indie-publishing my short fiction. Times were different, much was unknown about this brave new world of eBooks, and I set my prices based on online advice from strangers. A recent reevaluation of my pricing (and a suggestion from a reader or two) indicates that a change is in order.
That’s a rather wordy way (I am a writer) of saying I have reduced my prices. You can now buy MOST of my individual short fiction for 99-cents each, with very few exceptions. All collections are now priced at $2.99. Enjoy!
This week’s Smashwords coupon is for More Things I Could Get OUT OF MY MIND – my second short story collection, which contains the following:
It was bad enough that people treated Ben like a freak – now he’s seen something even bigger and hairier than he is hiding in the Arkansas woods, and he needs to find it to prove that he’s no crazier than anyone else.
Sometimes, you don’t know what you’re made of until it’s staring you in the face…
“The View From Up Here”
Faced by life-altering news, a man stands on the edge of the abyss, looks out over his life, and ponders his future. Talking to yourself can be something quite different when you’re possessed of two minds.
When Amun discovers that his family is connected to power, wealth and infamy, he enlists a friend to help him get his share. But does he really want the ancient inheritance that’s coming to him?
“The Human Interface”
Customer support can be Heaven, but most of us remember when it’s like – the other place. Possession may be nine tenths of the law, but not when it comes to software.
“Riding the Devil”
With his town running from one strange frontier to another as they elude their abductors, Aaron Walker is forced to risk all to fulfill his destiny.
Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
Mike could have been a priest, but instead of serving sinners from behind a screen, he’s hearing them from behind a bar. Now some devil has unleashed Hell on Earth, and there’s no stopping it. But devils can be a matter of perspective, and this is one confession that has Mike wondering about his career choice.
Where would you want to be at the end of days?
Use coupon code DP84A to get an additional 67% off the newly reduced cover price at Smashwords (that’s only 99-cents – such a deal!) – it’s good until October 8th. Here’s the link:
My next release will be “Hard Times”; Release date is October 21st.
William Mangieri’s writing, including his latest publication “Killing Them Softly”, can be found in many places, including:
• Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/NoTimeToThink
• His Amazon Author page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B008O8CBDY
• Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/william-mangieri?store=book&keyword=william+mangieri
• Createspace (if you prefer physical books): https://www.createspace.com/pub/simplesitesearch.search.do?sitesearch_query=william+mangieri&sitesearch_type=STORE
To CONNECT WITH HIM (and LIKE and FOLLOW), go to
• His site on WordPress: https://williammangieri.wordpress.com
• “William Mangieri’s Writing Page” on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/NoTimeToThink
• His Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6893616.William_Mangieri
• Or on twitter: @WilliaMangieri