I’m not throwing in the towel – just getting a different one…
We are now fully into our family’s “Holiday Season”; October through mid-January includes Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New-Year’s and a couple of birthdays, and all the activity surrounding this would normally make trying to work on Swordsmaster difficult if not impossible, and with the household disruption now shifting into move-back-mode, it would be foolish to think I could gain any clarity in my writing (at least as required for novel-length work.) That will need to be pushed to next year.
Which means I should get back to writing some short fiction – and get my writing muscle back in shape in the process.
This is hard for me – it’s hard to not see this as a failure. I do not handle changes of plans very well at all – if I made a decision almost a year ago, then I should stick with it, no matter how the situation has changed.
Put that way, it does sound crazy, doesn’t it? After all – LIFE happens.
This week’s Smashwords coupon is for Still Even More Things I Could Get OUT OF MY MIND – my fourth short story collection, which contains the following:
“Bugging Out”: What do you do when everything you know seems to be disappearing around you? A lonely, cantankerous shopkeeper struggles to keep what’s left of his world.
“The Unreliability of the Mature Mind”: Can mind control work on someone who can’t control their own mind?
“My Brother’s Keeper”: A space traveler lands on a primitive planet, and contends with the backwards philosophy of some brown-robed brethren as he tries to rescue his own brother’s spirit.
“The Black Spot”: A miner is exposed to something…different. The company doctor says it’s just in his head, and he’s right, but that doesn’t mean it’s a good thing.
“Flee Markets”: Small town summer doldrums can leave your imagination wanting to flee away with you, taking you to far-away places – or maybe even bringing them to you for a time. Samantha Sanger has a chance encounter with a slightly disreputable merchant and learns that the limits to what you can be sold go beyond cold hard cash.
“Canabis alienus ‘alien dope’”: Eric returns home for what he thinks is going to be a simple intervention, but turns into… something else. Be careful what you smoke…
Use coupon code AB26V to get an additional 67% off the newly reduced cover price at Smashwords (that’s only 99-cents – such a deal!) – it’s good until October 29th. Here’s the link:
William Mangieri’s writing, including his most recent publication “Hard Times”, can be found in many places, including:
• Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/NoTimeToThink
• His Amazon Author page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B008O8CBDY
• Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/william-mangieri?store=book&keyword=william+mangieri
• Createspace (if you prefer physical books): https://www.createspace.com/pub/simplesitesearch.search.do?sitesearch_query=william+mangieri&sitesearch_type=STORE
To CONNECT WITH HIM (and LIKE and FOLLOW), go to
• His site on WordPress: https://williammangieri.wordpress.com
• “William Mangieri’s Writing Page” on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/NoTimeToThink
• His Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6893616.William_Mangieri
• Or on twitter: @WilliaMangieri