This week’s Smashwords coupon is for Yet Still Even More Things I Could Get OUT OF MY MIND – my fifth short story collection, which contains the following:
“Mutiny on the Star-Bound”
A night at a carnival takes an odd turn for Martin Henshaw, a humble digital mechanic who is tricked into a job with Transgalaxian, tending cybers far from home. But when he finds himself in the middle of a mutiny on the Star-Bound, Martin begins to wonder: who’s rebelling against whom?
Madeline doesn’t have much hope for her forty-six-year marriage; Carl just refuses to remember what ‘s important. What hope could there be, with all the irreconcilable differences in the way they each see things? Maybe Memory Replacement Therapy holds the answer.
Tim Crabtree takes time out of his daily harassment by the local bullies to wonder why his new neighbors have built a forty-foot pole in their backyard. Are they trying to get hit by lightning? If he only knew…
“Dead End Jobs”
Bryan Riggins doesn’t know how long he’s been drifting around, but he needs a change, and finds himself waiting in line for a job interview. But what waits for him behind that door?
“The Re-Entanglement of Grant Decker”
Are we simply the sum of the choices we’ve made? What happened to all the other possibilities? Grant can’t keep his reality in focus, and he doesn’t know whether his life is coming apart or coming together. He’s never been one to talk to himself, but maybe it’s time.
A home body struggles to break social conventions and reach out into a world that’s becoming less and less substantial. How do you make yourself real?
Use coupon code HG52B to get an additional 67% off the newly reduced cover price at Smashwords (that’s only 99-cents – such a deal!) – it’s good until October 29th. Here’s the link:
My next release will be “L-O-V-E Among the Stars”, in which a space traveler wakes too soon and must leave the woman of his dreams to another (I borrowed a little from an old standard for this one.) The release date is November 18th (that’s this Friday, Bill; hurry up and get her done.)
William Mangieri’s writing, including his most recent publication “Hard Times”, can be found in many places, including:
• Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/NoTimeToThink
• Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/william-mangieri?store=book&keyword=william+mangieri
• Createspace (if you prefer physical books): https://www.createspace.com/pub/simplesitesearch.search.do?sitesearch_query=william+mangieri&sitesearch_type=STORE
To CONNECT WITH HIM (and LIKE and FOLLOW), go to
• His site on WordPress: https://williammangieri.wordpress.com
• “William Mangieri’s Writing Page” on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/NoTimeToThink
• His Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6893616.William_Mangieri
• Or on twitter: @WilliaMangieri