Around here, we’ve been having some actual fog lately (not at all unusual for Texas this time of year. I have lots of fond images of fog throughout my life – fond because I’ve never had anything bad happen to me due to fog. I have memories trekking across fog covered fields (or was it the moors?), watching vague suggestive forms appear ten feet away as I walked through a pea-soup landscape of distortion and uncertainty (much like the cover of “The Final Ending?”)
2016 ended for me with months of fog – my work environment (day job) was “updated”, and then our entire organization was reorganized (with everyone knowing change was coming months before even though the change is STILL a bit unclear), the slab-leak removed me from home for a couple of months and disrupted LIFE AS I KNEW IT; I lost all sense of direction. It’s hard to keep moving when you can’t see where you’re going.
Fog can be a real problem – makes you see dragons and villains that aren’t there, especially if you don’t know where you are and where you’re headed. Of course if you know where you are, and have a plan for where your trying to get to, and mapped out what you expected to see along the way, it helps. Then when those dragons materialize in front of you, you know to wait for things to become clearer before you panic. Then again, if they really are dragons, you’ve cut in on your reaction time, haven’t you? He who hesitates is… lunch?
Here’s hoping this year is clearer, smoother going for us all.
My next story is all prepped and ready for ePub.
The Collective is ALL! At least that’s what Abbe’s been told, but events lead him to wonder if there might just be some intelligent life “out there.”
“The Collective Is All” is a short, speculative fiction that anthropomorphizes (what a word) the internal processes of our… processors. The release date is January 13th, but you can preorder now at all the usual places, including, but not limited to:
William Mangieri’s writing, including his latest publication Some More, And Yet Still Even More Things I Could Get OUT OF MY MIND , can be found in many places, including:
• Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/NoTimeToThink
• Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/william-mangieri?store=book&keyword=william+mangieri
• Createspace (if you prefer physical books): https://www.createspace.com/pub/simplesitesearch.search.do?sitesearch_query=william+mangieri&sitesearch_type=STORE
To CONNECT WITH HIM (and LIKE and FOLLOW), go to
• His site on WordPress: https://williammangieri.wordpress.com
• “William Mangieri’s Writing Page” on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/NoTimeToThink
• His Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6893616.William_Mangieri
• Or on twitter: @WilliaMangieri