First to goals – three blog postings, recycling stories back to market are all on schedule. My next eBook is in the chute and since it’s a collection (see below) it’s on a preorder campaign until the April 7th. I still need to do the paperback version, but I wasn’t planning to include that in the preorder, so I’m good there.
Another subpar week of writing volume (only 1220 of the “mandatory” 3000 words.) This was strictly a matter of not “getting her done”, although I did start off the week well, partway through I fell off that finicky WRIDING HORSE again (life and day-job intruding – absolutely none of the mind-stifling problems I had with “Breathing is Overrated” – every time I sit down to write “There’s No Present Like the Time” the words just keep coming.) I had a good Saturday morning and thought I was going to make up for the rest of the week, but something I ate just didn’t agree, so the rest of the weekend was WASTED.
You know, there are always going to be things that get in the way of achieving your goals, and I should know by now that you can think it will be better and easier later, but there’s really NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT. It’s like Jack Nicholson’s title speech from As Good As It Gets (with the accompanying mental disorders) – maybe this is as good as it will be. There will be no perfect time to write, no perfect story that just keeps telling itself without effort. The only way writing gets done is to JUST DO IT, wherever and whenever you can, or as Heinlein’s first rule says:
YOU MUST WRITE
Stop coming up with excuses, Bill.
The preorder campaign has begun for The First Three ‘Things I Could Get OUT OF MY MIND’ – a collection of my first three OUT OF MY MIND collections (a total of eighteen short stories in all.)
The release date is April 7th, but you can PREORDER it now through then at a REDUCED PROMOTIONAL PRICE of 99-cents (such a deal!), and is available at several online sellers, including, but not limited to:
William Mangieri’s writing, including his latest publication “Some Kind of Luck,” can be found in many places, including:
• Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/NoTimeToThink
• His Amazon Author page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B008O8CBDY
• Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/william-mangieri?store=book&keyword=william+mangieri
• Createspace (if you prefer physical books): https://www.createspace.com/pub/simplesitesearch.search.do?sitesearch_query=william+mangieri&sitesearch_type=STORE
To CONNECT WITH HIM (and LIKE and FOLLOW), go to
• His site on WordPress: https://williammangieri.wordpress.com
• “William Mangieri’s Writing Page” on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/NoTimeToThink
• His Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6893616.William_Mangieri
• Or on twitter: @WilliaMangieri