Here’s where I stand on my goals:
Stories continue to cycle back out to market on schedule (HEINLEIN RULES 4 & 5), including “Breathing is Overrated” (I just finished the final revision this weekend.) That means I now have three of my slated twelve stories for this year out the door. Two more (“There’s No Present Like the Time” and “Stalking Rebecca”) are waiting on the possibility of beta readers, and then a final revision. Both should be out to market this month.
My ePub schedule is on track – The First Three ‘Things I Could Get OUT OF MY MIND’ became my seventy-sixth ePublication last Friday. The next one is due out May 7th (probably time for “Out of Place”.)
Last week’s word count was 2,950 (that’s right – just 50 short of my quota; if I’d realized how close I was I could have squeezed that last 50 in, but the stat really isn’t where my focus is or should be.) There were two days that I didn’t use – I need to remedy that. Even so, last week’s writing FELT GOOD. Getting “Breathing…” out the door was a relief, sending “There’s No Present…” to my readers made me feel like I was back on track, and “Stalking Rebecca” only took me two days (it’s barely over 1,000 words, but it’s a complete story.) Maybe I’m finally back on my WRIDING HORSE.
Even though writing is a job (I have to treat it that way or nothing gets written) doesn’t mean it can’t be a fun one. Last week was just that – now let’s see if I can turn it into a trend.
The release weekend has completed for The First Three ‘Things I Could Get OUT OF MY MIND’ – a collection of my first three OUT OF MY MIND collections (a total of eighteen short stories in all.) It’s available at several online sellers, including, but not limited to:
William Mangieri’s writing, including his previous publication “Some Kind of Luck,” can be found in many places, including:
• Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/NoTimeToThink
• His Amazon Author page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B008O8CBDY
• Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/william-mangieri?store=book&keyword=william+mangieri
• Createspace (if you prefer physical books): https://www.createspace.com/pub/simplesitesearch.search.do?sitesearch_query=william+mangieri&sitesearch_type=STORE
To CONNECT WITH HIM (and LIKE and FOLLOW), go to
• His site on WordPress: https://williammangieri.wordpress.com
• “William Mangieri’s Writing Page” on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/NoTimeToThink
• His Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6893616.William_Mangieri
• Or on twitter: @WilliaMangieri