I have a fondness for Groundhog Day – the movie where Bill Murray is a self-centered cynic forced to spend time in a small Pennsylvania town to do a news story about the traditional sighting of Puxatony Phil on Groundhog Day. Except he stays in the town for one day – and lives that same day over and over again. He’s trapped in a time-loop, and doesn’t finally break free of it until he learns to be a different and better person.
He doesn’t really live the same day over and over again – he keeps changing it up, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. But throughout it all, he grows.
Sometimes I feel like I’m living in a loop – doing the same thing over and over again without variety (What’s the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.)
We are all works in progress, but sometimes we get caught in a loop – doing same thing, learning same lessons over & over again. I’ve fooled myself too many times in my life – thought I had grown, then was slapped in the face with the reality that I’m still the same person, failing at the same things.
The main Have you experienced this form of Déjà vu? Don’t be too hard on yourself. The main thing you should learn from this life is this: You fall down, you get back up and try again. Eventually you grow enough, and the loop ends. Just saying…
William Mangieri’s writing – including his most recent release “Cats Out of the Bag” – can be found in many places, including:
• Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/NoTimeToThink
• His Amazon Author page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B008O8CBDY
• Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/william-mangieri?store=book&keyword=william+mangieri
To CONNECT WITH HIM (and LIKE and FOLLOW), go to
• His site on WordPress: https://williammangieri.wordpress.com
• “William Mangieri’s Writing Page” on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/NoTimeToThink
• His Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6893616.William_Mangieri
• Or on twitter: @WilliaMangieri