Do you remember what this day is about, right? It’s one of those special days of the year when retailers go out of their way to run sales and fill our mailboxes (physical and digital) with ads that will make us run to their stores and buy stuff so we can celebrate how lucky we are to live in a country where we can have so much STUFF…
Why are you saying I have it wrong?
Oh! I bet you think it’s just a time to be off from work (unless you work in retail) and spend time out at the lake, barbecuing and picnicking and enjoying concerts and just having a good old, nationwide party.
What do you mean, no? Haven’t you ever even said “Happy Memorial Day” to someone? Why are you giving me such a strange look – like that’s not the right thing to say.
It’s not the right thing, you know. It’s not a day of happiness (unless we’re talking the bitter-sweet sort of the Irish wake.) It’s a day of PRIDE and REMEMBERANCE, where we gather as family, friends, community and nation to remember those who’ve made the ultimate sacrifice in service to their country and their fellow citizens.
REMEMBER THEM THIS MEMORIAL DAY.
There is again an outstanding coupon for 67% off of my collection And Yet Still Even More Things I Could Get OUT OF MY MIND (- the next ten people to purchase the collection at Smashwords with coupon code LZ78M will receive a 67% discount, so you only pay 99-cents for SIX stories (do the math – that IS such a deal!)
Stories included: “The Red Barrens”, “Dempsey’s Debut”, “Look Both Ways”, “The Final Ending?”, “Close Enough”, and, of course, “The Wolves Will Come.”
Here’s the link on Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/587154
William Mangieri’s writing – including his most recent release “Date Night” – can be found in many places, including, but not limited to:
• Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/NoTimeToThink
• His Amazon Author page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B008O8CBDY
• Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/william-mangieri?store=book&keyword=william+mangieri
To CONNECT WITH HIM (and LIKE and FOLLOW), go to
• His site on WordPress: https://williammangieri.wordpress.com
• “William Mangieri’s Writing Page” on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/NoTimeToThink
• His Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6893616.William_Mangieri
• Or on twitter: @WilliaMangieri