So, Bill Mangieri, The Immortal, who hardly ever gets sick spent the weekend dealing with – I think – the flu. But I wasn’t going to let that keep me from my appointed rounds, because, after all, as my wife usually says, she and my son can’t stand me, because when I do get sick, I might as well not be – I spend a day on something that knocks most people down for up to a week.
So I thought I could just keep plugging along with my tasks – after all, I had a new story collection to format and put out there for preorders, as well as the paperback to get ready, too. And after starting the year with THREE STRAIGHT WEEKS of making my 3,000-word writing quota, I couldn’t possibly let that slip.
And so I plugged away. Everything seemed to be going fine, until I looked up and noticed that I was still looking at the same page of Swordsmaster that I’d started on an hour ago.
“I just need a nap,” I told myself, and so I lay down for a brief one.
I really don’t consider five hours to be brief, but that’s what I wound up with. Strangely, my head didn’t feel any less fuzzy than it did before the nap.
“Well, I can try something less challenging – I’ll format The Next Three ‘Things I Could Get Out of My Mind’“– which would have been a great idea, as long as I didn’t mind going back and correcting all the odd mistakes I made, like skipping stories, and using the wrong headings, and even uploading the wrong files when I went to correct those mistakes.
Well, the process – or the flu – was exhausting, but it’s all finally sorted out, and the collection is available for preorders. The paperback still needs some work, but it can wait; it has to.
So maybe I’m not so impervious as I thought I was. Maybe I should have taken the weekend off, instead of trying to force things. Never give up, but sometimes, you just have to give in. Just saying…
My next publication will be another consolidated collection – The Next ‘Three Things I Could Get OUT OF MY MIND.’ (That’s a total of 18 stories from my 4th, 5th, and 6th ‘OUT OF MY MIND’ collections, including some personal favorites such as “My Brother’s Keeper”, “Canabis alienus ‘alien dope’”, “The Red Barrens”, “Dempsey’s Debut”, and “The Wolves Will Come.”)
The release date is February 23rd , and it’s now available for preorder for a SPECIAL PROMOTIONAL PRICE at several online retailers, including, but not limited to:
William Mangieri’s writing – including his previous ePublication “Out of Place” – can be found in many places, including:
• Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/NoTimeToThink
• His Amazon Author page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B008O8CBDY
• Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/william-mangieri?store=book&keyword=william+mangieri
• Createspace (if you prefer physical books): https://www.createspace.com/pub/simplesitesearch.search.do?sitesearch_query=william+mangieri&sitesearch_type=STORE
To CONNECT WITH HIM (and LIKE and FOLLOW), go to
• His site on WordPress: https://williammangieri.wordpress.com
• “William Mangieri’s Writing Page” on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/NoTimeToThink
• His Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6893616.William_Mangieri
• Or on twitter: @WilliaMangieri